JES2 or JES3?
This could make a difference.

On 2020-05-07 08:27, Gadi Ben-Avi wrote:
Hi,
We have the following problem

I job runs IDCAMS that delete and redefines a VSAM KSDS file.
The next step uses a user program to send a command to CICS to open file file.

In one partition this works fine.
In another partition we get:
DFHFC0952 CICSTOR8
DYNAMIC ALLOCATION OF NON-RLS FILE LMFVPAPZ FAILED. RETURN CODE
X'0004',X'0210' IN MODULE DFHFCFS.

The manual says that this messaga is issued when the file is allocated with
DISP=OLD.

If we run the second step after the first job has ended, it runs OK.

It looks like IDCAMS is not freeing the file after the step ends.

Does anyone have an idea what can be causing this?

Gadi

.