On 2020-05-10 3:36 PM, Tom Brennan wrote:
Uh oh...

He also has https://whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-javascript-suck/

Yep, JavaScript sucks! But it doesn't suck as much as PHP and since ES6 much of that nastiness has been fixed. And there's also TypeScript which is what we use.

and even https://whydoesitsuck.com/why-does-this-blog-suck/

I read his PHP page to the point where he says the PHP online doc sucks.  I have to disagree - I think it's one of the best methods I've ever seen of handling programming language documentation.

Manual is fine. For a more objective critique checkout out http://phpsadness.com/. What's good with this site is that you can see the PHP version where problems have been fixed.