Hi,
    I've been having trouble with my TCP/IP stacks in z/VM 4.4.0 ever since we
enabled the MPROUTE server.  Sometimes when I add a new point-to-point link,
the MPROUTE server starts announcing itself as the default router for our whole
network.

    I've thought several times that I've figured out how to prevent this from
happening, but eventually it gets me again.

    What is the proper step order to follow in adding a link to the stack?
I've assumed (because the book doesn't say) that it should be:

1)  Add a new Interface statement to MPROUTE CONFIG

2)  Construct an OBEYFILE containing the new Device, Link, Home and (null)
    Gateway statements

3)  Execute the OBEYFILE command against the file

4)  Start the new link

5)  Bring up the guest

    If this is not right, what is?

    Regards,