You got me.

I keep forgetting that the 2 GB I/O boundry in z/VM 5.1 and below isn't
the same as executing code.

Neither of these, have ever bitten me.  The VM folks have been very
good about keeping ahead of the curve, as far as I have been concerned.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> Dennis.L.O'[EMAIL PROTECTED] 3/17/2006 1:01 PM >>>
Correction to item 1: z/VM 5.1 and below can support more than 2G of
central storage in the LPAR, as long as you're on zSeries hardware.
They just have to move pages below 2G when CP needs to do something
with
them, such as I/O.

Dennis

"Do you think it's a good idea, letting an Arab country take over our
ports?  This is like letting Bill Clinton be the manager of a
Hooters."
-- Jay Leno