Yes, I'm sending output to RSCS via SNANJE so I don't need the LPD. I can separate the files (JES output components) and assign form names to each. I direct the PS output to a specific RSCS link name via the JES DEST name but it doesn't pick it up as a PS file. >From what I can tell, there's no %!PS command in the file. Does that need to be supplied by the "PREFIX" parm in the LPRXPSE parm?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob Henry * Mgr., Rochester IT * SunGard Higher Education * 3000 Ridge Rd. E., Rochester, NY  14622
Tel 585-339-2366 * Mobile 585-330-5240 * Fax 610-578-3014 * [EMAIL PROTECTED] * www.sungardhe.com

CONFIDENTIALITY: This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email from your system. Thank you

"Les Geer (607-429-3580)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

03/17/2006 08:56 PM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
Re: Postscript printing in RSCS

>I've studied the Exit Customization book, the TCP/IP Solutions for VM/ESA
>Redbook ("Enterprise Printing") and I'm still confused how to tie the LPR
>link & LPRXFORM CONFIG file together. The Redbook describes setting up an
>LPRXFORM CONFIG and shows several examples of FORM, FORMSUB & PREFIX
>values to be used with PS printers. However it says there should be an
>entry for each form in the LPDXMANY CONFIG file. I don't have any LPD's
>defined, just LPR's. Do I just set up a config file for LPRXFORM and point
>to it in the EPARM of the LPR link (C=LPRXFORM)?

I am assuming you are sending the z/OS files via an NJE link;  so you
would not want or need to setup an LPD link.  The LPRXFORM exits
are used to setup form blocks during RSCS initialization, which are
selected via the spool file FORMS.  They are not used by the LPRXPSE
exit, so you would not want to code them in a C=LPRXFORM EPARM
statement.

>Then, in the files I send to RSCS from z/OS, they have plain text and
>Postscript programs included in one file, (i.e. JESMSG, JESJCL, JESLOG,
>(all text) followed by a postscript program to print a special invoice
>form).  Does LPRXPSE send a program that will handle the text as well as
>the imbeded postscript program?

Do each of these files have separate NJE or dataset headers?  Can you
change the form on each file?  LPRXPSE doesn't handle an imbeded
postscript file in the middle of a plain text file.

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development