Title: RE: SMSG and CSE

I had a similiar problem where I had to send SMSG to remote z/VM systems and shared SPOOL was not even an option. I solved it by changing the application to use TELL to sends commands to the remote system(s)PROP and in turn having PROP deliever the SMSG to the local application.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU]On
Behalf Of Peter Rothman
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:45 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: SMSG and CSE

We have an old application that makes extensive use of SMSG.
We would like to incorporate being able to SMSG to other z/VM systems.

The manuals seem to indicate that I have to have a single source directory,
shared dasd for spool , PVM etc. We already have PVM installed.

Do I need all that stuff if I only want to make use of SMSG?

Thanks.

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed VSE-List messages and set aside VM-List for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com