Perfect.  Thank you.  I should RTFM more closely.
Jim

At 03:58 PM 3/23/2006, you wrote:
Jim,
Our DR process gets the catalog number from the keyword data report for
the backup job, then does a VMBACKUP CHECK (CATALOG nnnn command and
extracts the FILE0001 records.  You could get the volsers directly from
the keyword data report, but that will also pick up tapes that were
discarded from the job.

Dennis

"Do you think it's a good idea, letting an Arab country take over our
ports?  This is like letting Bill Clinton be the manager of a Hooters."
-- Jay Leno

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jim Bohnsack
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 12:02
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: [IBMVM] VMBACKUP tape list

We are reviewing our off-site D/R procedures.  The full volume backups
are
done on MVS but we would like to add to the tape pull list the VMBACKUP
tapes that would be needed to be able to restore to a last full backup.
do that, we need the tape vols used for the full backup plus and
incremental backups done since then.

I cannot find a VMBACKUP query or utility that will give me the list of
tapes I need.  Does anyone have anything that they've written or cobbled

together that would give that to me.  I really don't want to have to
work
thru the VMBACKUP reports selecting out the tape volsers.

Jim

Jim Bohnsack
Cornell Univ.
(607) 255-1760