I have tested Sunday's change with CMS and linux guests in 2nd level z/VM and a test LPAR. The SET TIMEZONE works great! I IPL'ed at something like 04/02/06 01:58:00, saw my WAKEUP SET TIMEZONE EDT issued two minutes later, watched my CMS servers do well, and checked linux time with the date command. Looks good!

Interesting side effect when I pushed my testing to Oct 29 2006 for the fall change good ole' RACF revoked a whole bunch of IDs! Which is expected behaviour if you think about it.

All in all I recommend that you test to see how it all works for you, especially the linux apps.
David
Kreiter, Chuck wrote:

Thanks for the quick responses. We only have Linux guests so it appears the SET TIMEZONE command will work for the VM side of things.
*From: * Kreiter, Chuck *Sent: * Monday, March 27, 2006 3:55 PM
*To:    * IBMVM
*Subject:       * Time Change

Being new to z/VM, I was wondering what most users do for the time change? I noticed several definitions SYSTEM CONFIG that appear to handle that automagically, but wanted to see if there was a procedure that needed to be followed to activate it.

Thanks,

*Chuck Kreiter*
*Lead Systems Programmer*
*State Auto Insurance*

* This message was scanned by the corporate mail server for viruses and
objectionable content.