>  The IPP printer proposal is interesting. I would prefer implementing
> CUPS. Would
> CUPS require a Linux guest to be a part of RSCS?

CUPS *is* an IPP implementation (the reference implementation, in fact).
I've separated the two (IPP support from a Linux guest running CUPS) because
IBM has legal problems with shipping Linux-based solutions, and the point is
really IPP support, not how it gets delivered.

If you want IPP support right now, the NJE Bridge appliance that we created
for BSI has that capability via NJE and spool files (we've added spool
support to it in the lab -- contact BSI if you want to try it out). However,
some people can't (or don't want to) buy a 3rd party product. RSCS is
preloaded, and adding IPP client support would allow it to interoperate more
easily with more advanced printers (LPR really doesn't have the ability to
cope with anything much more complicated than a line printer.).

> The second proposal IPV6 is becoming necessary. At one time I thought I
> heard
> that IBM was working on it. Nothing recently.

They are, but I want to put it formally on their radar.