On one XA system we had one VTAM and five VSCS machines none of which
ran inside VTAM.

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Rob van der Heij
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:38 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Multiple VTAM service machines

On 3/29/06, Stracka, James (GTI) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> True.  Two unique GCS NSSes.  In HPO and XA days we did that often.

And each with their own GCS recovery machine as well. Because of the way
GCS is customzied you need to assemble a source file that identifies the
name of the segment and the recovery machine and the members of the
group. At IBM we had an exec that would zap those fields in the text
deck to avoid assembly.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/