I replaced the RETRIEVE command by a PIPE so that we can directly throw
away records we don't like to collect.  Another feature is that our REXX
EXEC automatically closes  the account file around midnight and prepares
sending data to MVS.
Furthermore, you can send CP/CMS command to the server (using CP SEND) and
they get executed, without the retrieval process being stopped. When you
send it a new version of the code, it will pick it up automatically at
midnigth, or when you ask for it.
I'll send you a VMARC with a PROFILE EXEC and an ACCOUNT EXEC.
Documenation is the REXX code itself, sorry.

Kris,
IBM Belgium, VM customer support

Anne Crabtree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
2006-04-06 14:09
Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
DISKACNT problem

I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but am asking anyway!  I'm having
problems with the DISKACNT machine.  I had a routine set up with DISKACNT
and ACCSRV to collect accounting records.  Everything was going fine
except that the DISKACNT A disk was filling up about every 30 days or so.
I had DISKACNT set up with a PROFILE EXEC similar to ACCSRV with a WAKEUP
that retrieved account and then tried to clean.  I've come to the
conclusion that once the RETRIEVE ACCOUNT command is entered, that is all
DISKACNT does and it was not recognizing any commands afterwards thereby
not cleaning the disk.  So, I changed DISKACNT PROFILE EXEC to just issue
RETRIEVE ACCOUNT and created a batch job to run weekly to clean up the A
disk for DISKACNT using ftp with MAINT forcing DISKACNT off, doing a clean
routine and then logging DISKACNT back on.  My problem?  All of a sudden
DISKACNT appears to be writing records every 15 minutes or so causing the
A disk to fill up in a little over 24 hours (I still have the A disk as 1
cylinder).  Before it would write about 51 records for a day and now it is
writing 4000!  I do not understand how my change  could have done this.
Any ideas?