Many thanks to all those who responded to my query....I've got it working now. The list comes through again. ;-)

DJ

Roy, Bruce wrote:
Dave,
Here's the RSCS definition for our MVS link where 1C0 is the address of
our CTCTA:
LINKDEF XXXXXMVS TYPE NJE      LINE 1C0      Q PRI  DP 4 NOAST
LINKDEF XXXXXMVS SLOWDOWN 9900 9500
   PARM XXXXXMVS BUFF=3840 ST=1 TA=0

Here's an RSCS GCS EXEC for handling a vCTCA and starting the link:
/*        */
ADDRESS 'RSCS'
'CP DETACH 1C0'
'CP DEFINE CTCA 1C0'
'CP COUPLE 1C0 MVSTEST EC0'
'START XXXXXMVS'

Here's an MVS EXEC that our CMS users use to send a JOB to MVS: /* This exec send a file to MVS as a job for execution. */
address 'COMMAND'
parse upper arg fn ft fm .
select
 when fn = '' then do             /* No argument passed */
  'CP SPOOL PUNCH RSCS'           /* Set PUNCH to send to RSCS */
  'CP TAG DEV PUNCH XXXXXMVS JOB' /* Set TAG values so file goes to
MVS*/
   exit rc /* Exit exec */
  end
 when ft = '' then signal help /* Only one argument passed */
 when fm = '' then fm = 'A' /* If filemode is not passed, set to A
disk*/
 otherwise nop
end /* select */
'CP SPOOL PUNCH RSCS'           /* Set PUNCH to send to RSCS */
'CP TAG DEV PUNCH XXXXXMVS JOB' /* Set TAG values so file goes to MVS */
'PUNCH' fn ft fm '(NOHEADER' /* PUNCH job with NOHEADER option */
exit rc
HELP:
say 'The MVS EXEC will issue the following commands in order to send a
job to'
say 'MVS through RSCS:'
say '  CP SPOOL PUNCH RSCS'
say '  CP TAG DEV PUNCH XXXXXMVS JOB'
say '  PUNCH fn ft fm (NOHEADER'
say 'where fn ft fm is the filename, filetype, and filemode of the
file.'

Here's an MVSQ EXEC that's used to send commands to MVS (yes, it was
written before we had REXX!):
&TRACE OFF
&A1 = &1
&IF .&A1 EQ .? &GOTO -TELL
IDENTIFY (STACK LIFO
&READ VARS &USERID &D &D &D &RSCS
&IF .&A1 EQ . &A1 = &USERID
&A = &PIECE OF &A1 1 1
&IF .&A EQ .$ &GOTO -FIX
&A = $DJOBQ'
&A = &CONCAT OF &A &A1 '
-SMSG
&NODE = XXXXXMVS
EXECIO * CP (STEM CPREP STRING TAG QUERY DEV PUN
&IF &CPREP0 LT 2 &GOTO -BYNODE
   &N = &LOCATION OF JOB &CPREP2
   &IF &N EQ 0 &GOTO -BYNODE
   &N = &N - 1
   &NODE = &SUBSTR OF &CPREP2 1 &N
-BYNODE
CP SMSG &RSCS CMD &NODE &A
&IF &RETCODE EQ -3 &TYPE Communications with MVS temporarily unavailable
&EXIT
-FIX
&A = &A1
&GOTO -SMSG
-TELL
&TYPE The format for the MVSQ command is:
&TYPE         MVSQ  jobname
&TYPE         (where the userid is used as the jobname if no name is
given)
&TYPE         or
&TYPE         MVSQ  command
&TYPE         (where 'command' is a JES2 command, preceded by a $)

If you need the MVS end of the definitions, let me know and I'll contact
our MVS colleague.  I'm pretty sure that the MVS end does NOT use VTAM
or the LINKDEF TYPE in the above definition would be SNANJE. Hope this helps. Bruce Roy University of Connecticut