Hi all,

i try to ftp a file created by monwrite to a z/OS system.

I start ftp in z/OS TSO and get the file from z/VM by using

bin
locsite cylinders primary=2 secondary=2 RECFM=FB lrecl=4096 blocksize=28672
get monwrite.20060426 my.output.filename

This works fine, the file is in the proper format and can be processed.

But when i start ftp in z/VM and try to put the file to z/OS i fail. I  tried

site cylinders primary=2 secondary=2 recfm=fb lrecl=4096 blksize=28672

in combination with

ascii  (filesize and format matches but some characters are translated bad)
bin    (i always get recfm VB with lrecl 32756 and blksize 32760)
ebcdic (file format matches (lrecl and blksize) but the file does not match, it is
                3 times the block count from the source file).

What am i missing ? How can i put the file from z/VM so it is the same when i get from z/OS?

We are at z/VM 5.2 and z/OS 1.6

Thanks, Stefan

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte
Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie
bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte
Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen
Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or
protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is
prohibited.