We are in the process of migrating to a new CPU.  The applications people want to run their test

VSE on the new box concurrently with all the other systems still running on the old box.

After some discussion it was decided that we would just put the VSE lock file on a physical

DASD volume.  (Currently it is on a VM VDISK).

However, I remembered a problem I had with a new external lock file in a multiple CPU and

VSE environment 24 years ago.  The problem was the result of one of the CPUs having more

than one path to the DASD where the lock file resided.

Is this still a problem?  Each CPU here has at least 4 paths to all the DASD.

Thanks in advance,

Don

P.S.  I subscribe in digest mode, so please reply directly as well as to the list.