From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Craig Dudley
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 2:31 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Question about ISPFVM on z/VM V5R2

Dave,

>the returned error code (41) gives a hint...the CMS storage where the
>ISPF dcss needs to go is already being used by something else. My guest

>is that your CMS user ids on your new 5.2 system are significantly
>larger than they were on your old system.
>
>Try setting the virtual storage for the CMS guest down below the
>location of the ISPF dcss and see if that doesn't at least allow ISPF
>to start.

Yeah - it looks like there are some conflicts. Here is a partial of a q
nss all map:

FILE FILENAME FILETYPE MINSIZE  BEGPAG ENDPAG TYPE CL #USERS PARMREGS
VMGROUP
0021 NLSGER   DCSS       N/A    02000  020FF   SR  A  00000   N/A
N/A
0020 NLSKANJI DCSS       N/A    02000  020FF   SR  A  00000   N/A
N/A
0035 NLSUCENG DCSS       N/A    02000  020FF   SR  A  00000   N/A
N/A
0034 NLSAMENG DCSS       N/A    02000  020FF   SR  A  00012   N/A
N/A
0049 ISPDCSS  DCSS       N/A    02000  020FF   SR  A  00000   N/A
N/A

So now I need to figure out how to move the ISPDCSS to a new location.
Or move the NLS DCSS. Any ideas as to which is easier? I don't know how
to adapt the VM/XA or VM/SP HPO instructions to the newer environment.
Are there any more modern instructions for changing the ISPDCSS BEGPAG?
--
Thanks
Craig
>DJ
>
>Craig Dudley wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am converting from a z/VM V3R1 system to a z/VM V5R2 system. I have

>> ISPF VM V3R2 on my 3.1 system. I copied all the minidisks from the
>> 3.1 system to the 5.2 system. I SPXTAPEd the ISPDCSS & SVM DCSS' from

>> the 3.1 spool to the 5.2 spool. We XAUTOLOGed ISPVM on 5.2 and it
>> came up without any
>errors on
>> the console log. This was verified by logging onto ISPVM and running
>> the PROFILE manually.
>>
>> When my user tries to invoke ISPF for VM, I get:
>>
>> DMSSLG332E No user additions were loaded

>> RETURN CODE FROM SEGMENT MACRO (LOADSYS) IS 41, SEE YOUR SYTEM
PROGRAMMER

--
Craig Dudley
Manager, Mainframe Technical Support Group Office of Information

destroy all copies.