From:   The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Steve_Domarski/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Friday, May 12, 2006 1:56 PM
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject:        Off Subject Programming and retraining

Ok,  Black Subject, I know, but I need input.
  Realizing that my management has turned head strong away from anything
but COTS  (Computer Off The self Software). I as many of you are faced with
the realities that we either learn a new environment (preferably the one
you company is moving to) or face the realities that the end of the line is
near.  I have been forced kicking and screaming into learning Visual Basic
and in general object programming. I feel the daggers coming so I'll be
quick! Has anyone been evolved in training or evaluation that would provide
a reasonable time frame for such an effort. My management expect a passing
grade on the MS70-306 certification exam. I have been putting in about 20hr
a week now for the last six months in the office and my confidence at
passing the test is about 85% or so the practice test say.  I have a strong
COBOL, Rexx, and some Assembler background and can say with complete
authority that it don't mean squat in terms of VB. The only thing positive
I can say is that an associate with no experience in IT is have a much
harder time.

I won't be back until Monday. Should give enough time for the daggers to
fall away. Thanks all.

Steve Domarski     352-368-8350
Property Appraisers Office Marion County Florida USA