Remote emulated tape would also be a bonus.  The VSE folks solved that problem
a few years ago with a java component on another platform that acts as a tape
server.  Certainly not the fastest, but it works quite well.  I have a
customer that has a completely 'tape-less' VSE system.

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2007 - Green Bay, WI - May 18-22, 2007