On Wed, 17 May 2006 20:27:49 -0400, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

wrote:

>> If not, how
>> would you go about load balancing a couple of OSAs without running any

>> routing protocols under VM?
>
>Incoming traffic can be balanced using equal-cost routing in the network

>devices. Outbound load balancing requires a routing daemon, but you
>could define a null interface and distribute routes only to the null
>interface and the local stack, which would let you use VIPA but not
>impact the network at large by sending routing updates.

Took me a sec to catch your meaning here, but I finally twigged.  I'll ju
st
settle for the incoming balancing for now as we really don't want to run

any routing under VM.  But, if push come to shove, I do like your idea of

at least keeping the routing WITHIN VM.  Pretty nifty.

Leland