Title: Adding Devices to z/VM

We recently removed an old tape silo that housed our 3490 drives.  Instead, we have a standalone bank of 2 3490 drives.  I updated my IODF/IOCDS on the z/OS side giving all LPAR's access to the channels and shared the devices among all LPARs.  However, when I query the device on z/VM, it returns a message that the device does not exist.  Is there a way to dynamically add these devices to my z/VM system?

Thanks,

Chuck Kreiter
Lead Systems Programmer
State Auto Insurance

* This message was scanned by the corporate mail server for viruses and objectionable content.