I doubt the wizard is much good here. You need to define the vswitch (SYSTEM CONFIG or cl B command), allow the virtual machines to join it, tell a controller machine (supplied as DTCVSW1 and DTCVSW2) to use the OSA set of devices (3 sets on 3 different OSA ports best). The controller does not code device and link statements. It is not involved in packet transfer, it is a manager of the environment.

The VM TCPIP machine is given permission in RACF or whatever, or CP command to join the vswitch. It configures to the vswitch with a vnic via DEFINE NIC or NICDEF card in the directory. If defined by hand the vnic must be CP COUPLED the vswitch. It then has DEVICE .. OSD and LINK ... QDIOETHERNET statements for the vnic. For a VM TCPIP stack machine you can also define the vnic and the couple with a :vnic tag in SYSTEM DTCPARMS

It's really worth doing.
David
Neubert, Kevin (DIS) wrote:

I'm new to OSAs (been using CLAW devices) and after reading VSWITCH
information for z/VM 4.4, 5.1 and 5.2 have probably made this more
difficult that it really is.

I've installed z/VM 5.2 and successfully run the IPWIZARD (specified
QDIO, ETHERNET, NONE and 1500).  If I want to use VSWITCH for z/VM TCPIP
what should PROFILE TCPIP and SYSTEM DCTPARMS look like?
It seems something should be done with DEVICE, LINK and START in PROFILE
TCPIP and with attach in SYSTEM DCTPARMS.  I assume TCPIP will need a
NICDEF directory control statement as well.

I believe I'm clear on the controller's PROFILE TCPIP (VSWITCH
CONTROLLER ON) and its aspects of SYSTEM DCTPARMS (:nick.DTCVSW1
:type.server :class.stack).

Thank you.

Regards,

Kevin