oh yeah, it's fast :)

one of the production machines is a z9 and the other a z990.  my perf guys here say something's up with that z9 and it's more than just the MIPS.  things perform much better (our java WAS stuff that is).

Marcy Cortes

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.  Thank you for your cooperation."

From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Gentry
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 14:34
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: [IBMVM] z9 and zVM 5.2

Fast?    We like fast.

David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

06/01/2006 02:55 PM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System

        To:        IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: z9 and  zVM 5.2

The z9 has no basic mode, so you can't run the thing totally native (you have to define at least one LPAR), but if you're asking if you can run one big LPAR, put VM in it, and parcel it out via CP, then sure, works great. Regular admonitions apply (get current RSU and buckets, refit mods if you have any, etc, etc), but no problems so far (other than people not believing how much faster the z9 is…).

Hello.  Is anyone here running zVM 5.2 on a z9,  first level/native?

Any issues pro or con?

Thanks

Steve G.