The third quarter meeting of the Chicago Area VM (and Linux) Enthusiasts will be held on Thursday, June 22, 2006.

----------

Meeting Location:

This quarter's meeting will be held at the Hewitt Associates ' West Campus' at Four Overlook Point in the Lincolnshire Corporate Center. The meeting will be held in Room 'AOM3'.

This is a NEW LOCATION, so please <http://cavmen.home.comcast.net/hewitte.html>Click here for detailed directions and maps, as well as additional information on lodging and dining.

----------

Attendance:

Our host site has requested a count of expected attendees by the Monday before the meeting, so that they can plan appropriately for refreshments, etc. If you are planning to attend, PLEASE send an E-Mail by that date to <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject line of "Meeting Attendance".

This is meant to be a facilities planning aid and should not be interpreted as a registration requirement. If you suddenly become available at the last minute, please feel free to attend even if you have not responded.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

----------

Meeting Agenda:

9:00 AM Virtualization Engine on Linux for zSeries

This presentation will give you an Overview of the Virtualization Engine (VE) for zSeries. VE is a collection of products that can be used to manage your enterprise from health monitoring, system cloning, workload management and more. This presentation will give you a high level technical overview of products that make up Virtualization Engine which are Enterprise Workload Manager (EWLM), IBM Director, and Resource Dependency Services (RDS). We will discuss capabilities of the products and how they can help you to manage your enterprise. We will also discuss the VE Console which can be the main entry point into the VE management collection.

The speaker will be Mr. Kevin Curley of the IBM Corporation.

10:30 AM        Coffee Break

11:00 AM        System z9 Technology Announcements

IBM is extending the System z9 to work for businesses large and small, delivering more choice and greater flexibility with the new IBM System z9 Business Class (z9 BC) and the improved IBM System z9 Enterprise Class (z9 EC). System z9 BC is IBM's latest offering. Designed for smaller enterprises, it delivers key mainframe strengths such as availability, scalability and security in a customized package. And on the System z9 EC, IBM has improved granularity, so you now have the ability to select the configuration that's right for you. Come and hear the latest news on the System z9 Technology Announcements.

The speaker will be Mr. Mike Sharp of the IBM Corporation.

12:30 PM        Lunch Break

1:30 PM         Administration and Vendor Announcements

1:45 PM         Linux for zSeries Update

The speaker will present a brief update of recent developments in the Linux under z/VM area.

The speaker will be Mr. Donald India of the IBM Corporation.

2:00 PM         Secure Socket Layer on z/VM

In October of 2000, IBM announced an SSL server for VM. This implementation was done using LINUX on VM. I will discuss:
   * What is SSL?
   * How is the VM SSL Server set up?
   * Steps to make it work.
This will give you a better understanding of SSL and SSL on VM.

The speaker will be Mr. Will Roden of the IBM Corporation.

3:15 PM         Coffee Break

3:30 PM         Negotiating Topics

Everyone negotiates. Some do it well, and some do not. I have found that it takes years to learn to negotiate well and different techniques are needed depending on the situation. This presentation will discuss some of the basics of negotiating along with several techniques and considerations. This session will start you down the road to conducting better negotiations.

The speaker will be Mr. Will Roden of the IBM Corporation.

4:45 PM         Free-for-All

Members will attempt to answer any reasonable VM or hardware related questions. If you are having a problem and want to find out if others are experiencing it, or you are installing new hardware or software and want to find out what types of problems others have experienced, here is the place to find out.

Members are encouraged to bring ideas for future presentations and speakers to this meeting.

----------

Please check the WEB site for Map and Directions:
http://cavmen.home.comcast.net

In addition, you will also find extensive information available on dining and lodging in the Hewitt Associates area.

Additional information about the CAVMEN group, and other VM related items of interest are available on our web site.

There is no charge for admission to meetings.

Meeting attendance is open to anyone, and advance registration is not required.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the meeting.

Mark M. Suchecki
CAVMEN Coordinator

Voice:  (847) 518-0058
FAX:    (847) 518-0083