You should start with the Program Directory.  I think that will help answer most of your questions.
r520 version is available in PDF format directly from:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/progdir/5vmptk20.pdf

Once its set up, it runs disconnected just fine.

Kurt Acker

"Nix, Robert P." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

06/05/2006 02:53 PM

Please respond to
The IBM z/VM Operating System <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc
Subject
zVM Performance Toolkit newbie...

Maybe it's just me, but the manual for the zVM Performance Toolkit seems overly vague as to just where it is supposed to be running and how to set it up.

Is it really intended to run on the system operator's userid? I get that impression, but it never really comes out and says that. Is there a disconnected machine that collects the monitor data, or do I actually have to have a physical terminal attached and dedicated to it 24/7?

The manual comes just short of telling you how to actually set it up, teasing at times with small amounts of vague data, but never really telling you anything useful.

--
Robert P. Nix
          Mayo Foundation

507-284-0844            Rochester, MN 55905

-----

"In theory, theory and practice are the same, but