From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Les Geer (607-429-3580)
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 5:08 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Filter " " not supported. Job abandoned.

>We are attempting to have an LPD Daemon transmit print data to RSCS
>from a Solaris machine.
>
>When the print file comes into the daemon we see the following messages

>on the console:
>
>06/05/06 16:30:26 Job  26 received         hewhp007 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
>06/05/06 16:30:26 Job  26 scheduled        hewhp007 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
>06/05/06 16:30:26 Job  26 printing         hewhp007 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
>Filter " " not supported.  Job abandoned.
>06/05/06 16:30:26 Job  26 sent             hewhp007 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
>06/05/06 16:30:26 Job  26 purged           hewhp007 aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd
>

>In TCPLPD CONFIG we have:
>
>SMTP  TCPSMTP
>SERVICE hewhp007 PRINTER
>  RSCS
>  SPOOL=3DTO RSCS1 CLASS A
>  TAG=3DHEWHP007
>  LINESIZE 132
>  PAGESIZE 66
>
>SERVICE PUNCH PUNCH
>  LOCAL
>  LINESIZE 80
>

>We did have a FILTERS statement (FILTERS f l p r) after the TAG
>statement and received the same messages.
>
>Anybody have an idea about whey we are getting:  Filter " " not
>supported.  Job abandoned.?

I don't think I follow your configuration.  You want to LPR from
somewhere (is this from a workstation or another host) to the VM system
and have the RSCS Daemon (LPD-type link) handle the print job?

Best Regards,
Les Geer
IBM z/VM and Linux Development

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender,
delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/