Just to let folks know the outcome of my problem of a couple of weeks ago
wherein I could not snapshot on z/OS a VM/Linux volume, I used CPFMTXA to
format 0,0 as Richard mentioned and now everything seems to work.  At any rate,
I can snap it and back it up.

Thanks,
Jon

<snip>
If it contains the user directory, it should have a minimal VTOC. An ICKDSF
FORMAT CPVOL (or simply a CPFMTXA) should place a 2 or 3 record VTOC
immediately following the volume label (which is at cyl 0, track 0, record 3).
Can you do a DDR TYPE or PRINT of that track to see what is really there?

Regards,
Richard Schuh
</snip>