Tom Cluster wrote:

Today's the day for simple questions!

We have DIRMAINT, and I'm using it, but I'm relatively inexperienced with it.

If DIRMAINT couldn't run for some reason and I had to make a change (for example, at a DR site), is there any reason why I couldn't use the USER BACKUP file on DIRMAINT's 1DB as source for the change, and then use the DIRECTXA command? I know I'd have to do the following:

     (1)  I'd have to assure myself that the USER BACKUP is current.

DIRMAINT at a minimum does that just after midnight. You can do a DIRM USER WITHPASS from MAINT or another DIRMAINT authorized userid at other times.

(2) I'd have to make the change later using DIRMAINT, so that DIRMAINT's up-to-date.

To do this:
1. with DIRMAINT down erase any USER DIRECT from DIRMAINT's 1DF.
2. with DIRMAINT down copy user source directory (cay USER WITHPASS) to DIRMAINT's 1DF as USER INPUT.
3. Start DIRMAINT

David

     - Tom.

Tom Cluster
County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, CA
(707) 565-3384 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)