Something like:
Do l=1 by 1 Until (caller='SYSPROF' | RC<>0)   /* Look for SYSPROF    */
  pipe='rexxvars' l '| take 1 | spec w4 1 | var caller'
  'PIPE (sep ?) var pipe ? runpipe'
end
If RC=0 then say "Called from SYSPROF"

Also, the variable "l" will be set to how many levels back SYSPROF
EXEC was found.

On 6/13/06, Rob van der Heij <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/13/06, Tom Cluster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a way for me to know, from within PROFILE EXEC, if I've been
> invoked by the logon process, as opposed to someone typing PROFILE?

You could use CMS Pipelines' rexxvars stage to step back through the
EXECCOMM environments and see whether SYSPROF is up there. The other
one that I had to debug was something looking inside NUCON at the CMS
initialization time and draw conclusions.

The smarter you do this, the harder it gets to debug ;-)
--
Rob van der Heij
Velocity Software, Inc

--
Bruce Hayden
IBM Global Technology Services, System z Linux