FWIW, we definitely ran ESA 2.30 on our MP2003. It was so long ago I can't recall if we needed a PTF for processor support or not, though.

Roland P. Chung wrote:
Hello all Listers, thanks to all. I think I should let you
guys know the outcome of this project.

With an IBM ROC helping me all afternoon yesterday, we
finally conclued that it may be because of VM/ESA 2.30 is
lecking maintenances to be able to handle the newer
hardware (MP2003 and IBM 2105-F20 Shark). The VM was been
instlled sometimes in October, 1998 and have no services
applied to it since. Talking about stable - VM is the best.