From:   The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  On Behalf Of
Aria Bamdad
Sent:   Thursday, June 29, 2006 12:29 PM
To:     IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject:        Re: SFS Question?

Richard,

Some SFS commands are 'atomic requests'.  There is more about this in
the CMS Application Dev. Guide.  Your EXEC (pipes) creates a default work unit
that stays active during the execution of the exec.  In order to call
the SFS commands you have, you must first close that work unit, then
call the command.

Below is a sample Rexx procedure you can call to close the default work unit.
Then issue the command.

Hope this helps.
Aria.

RelWorkUnit: Procedure
   CSLRC = 0
   CSLRESC = 0
   WU = 0
   CALL CSL 'DMSRETWU CSLRC CSLRESC WU'
   If (CSLRC ^= 0) | (CSLRESC ^= 0) then do
      Say 'Error calling DMSRELWU, RC='CSLRC 'ReasonCode='CSLRESC
      Say 'Error releasing default workunit.'
   End
Return