From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hughes, Jim - OIT
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:22 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: VMSES Question

I did as you suggested and here is the result:

****  PPFNAME: ZVM      COMPNAME: CP               BLDID: 5VMCPR20  ****
****            Date: 07/11/06            Time: 09:57:34            ****
ST:VMFBLD2195I VMFBLD PPF ZVM CP ( LOG CNTRL HCPVM NOCKVV NOSETUP STATUS
ST:VMFBLD2760I VMFBLD processing started
ST:VMFUTL2205I Minidisk|Directory Assignments:
ST:            String    Mode  Stat  Vdev  Label/Directory
ST:VMFUTL2205I LOCALMOD  E      R/W  2C4   MNT2C4
ST:VMFUTL2205I LOCALSAM  F      R/W  2C2   MNT2C2
ST:VMFUTL2205I APPLY     G      R/W  2A6   MNT2A6
ST:VMFUTL2205I           H      R/W  2A4   MNT2A4
ST:VMFUTL2205I           I      R/W  2A2   MNT2A2
ST:VMFUTL2205I DELTA     J      R/W  2D2   MNT2D2
ST:VMFUTL2205I BUILD7    K      R/W  493   MNT493
ST:VMFUTL2205I BUILD6    L      R/W  490   MNT490
ST:VMFUTL2205I BUILD5    M      R/W  19D   MNT19D
ST:VMFUTL2205I BUILD9    N      R/W  402   MNT402
ST:VMFUTL2205I BASE2     O      R/W  194   MNT194
ST:VMFUTL2205I --------  A      R/W  191   MNT191
ST:VMFUTL2205I --------  B      R/W  5E5   MNT5E5
ST:VMFUTL2205I --------  C      R/W  2CC   MNT2CC
ST:VMFUTL2205I --------  D      R/W  51D   MNT51D
ST:VMFUTL2205I --------  S      R/O  190   MNT190
ST:VMFUTL2205I --------  Y/S    R/O  19E   MNT19E
ST:VMFSIP2453I Table 5VMCPR20 SRVAPPS H is a subset of table 5VMCPR20
ST:            SRVAPPS G
ST:VMFBLD1851I Reading build lists
ST:VMFBLD2182I Identifying new build requirements
WN:VMFBLD1853W Serviced part HCPRPG TXE was not found in any build list.
WN:            A MANUAL build requirement will be created.
WN:VMFBLD1853W Serviced part HCPRPD TXE was not found in any build list.
WN:            A MANUAL build requirement will be created.
WN:VMFBLD1853W Serviced part HCPRPW TXE was not found in any build list.
WN:            A MANUAL build requirement will be created.
WN:VMFBLD1853W Serviced part HCPRPI TXE was not found in any build list.
WN:            A MANUAL build requirement will be created.
ST:VMFBLD2182I New build requirements identified
BD:VMFBLD2180I There are 5 build requirements remaining
BD:VMFBLD2180I Build Requirements:
BD:            Bldlist   Object             Status
BD:VMFBLD2180I CPLOAD    BLDLIST            SERVICED
BD:VMFBLD2180I UNKNOWN   BLDLIST            MANUAL           Partid
BD:VMFBLD2180I                                               HCPRPG TXE
BD:VMFBLD2180I                                               HCPRPD TXE
BD:VMFBLD2180I                                               HCPRPW TXE
BD:VMFBLD2180I                                               HCPRPI TXE
ST:VMFBLD2760I VMFBLD processing completed with warnings

Here is the contents of file 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL from the E disk:
5VMCPR20 VVTLCL   E1 V         30          8          1  7/11/06
10:07:51
HCPRPG   TXELX270 E1 F         80        125          3  7/11/06
10:07:50
HCPRPD   TXELX270 E1 F         80        111          3  7/11/06
10:07:48
HCPRPW   TXELX270 E1 F         80        133          3  7/11/06
10:07:33
HCPRPI   TXELX270 E1 F         80        245          5  7/11/06
10:07:31
HCPRPG   TXTLX270 E1 F         80        125          3  7/11/06
10:07:29
HCPRPD   TXTLX270 E1 F         80        111          3  7/11/06
10:07:16
HCPRPW   TXTLX270 E1 F         80        133          3  7/11/06
10:07:03
HCPRPI   TXTLX270 E1 F         80        245          5  7/11/06
10:06:48
$BLDSEG$ $FILE$   E1 F         80          1          1  3/16/04
15:07:39

I suspect I have done something though I cannot put my finger on it.

Here is the procedure I used for the Rules stuff:
/*  */
"CP SPOOL CONS START TERM TO *"
address command

$modid = "LX270"
$PARM = "( $SELECT LOGMOD" $modid "OUTMODE LOCALMOD"
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPI TEXT ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPW TEXT ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPD TEXT ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm

$PARM = "( $SELECT LOGMOD" $modid "OUTMODE LOCALMOD"

say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPG TEXT     ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPI TXTESAME ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPW TXTESAME ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPD TXTESAME ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"EXEC VMFREPL HCPRPG TXTESAME ZVM CP = TEXT A" $parm
say time()
"CP SPOOL CONS CLOSE STOP       "

Here is the console log:
$rules
10:06:35
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPI TXTLX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPI TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPI TXT
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:06:49
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPW TXTLX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPW TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPW TXT
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:03
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPD TXTLX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPD TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPD TXT
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:16
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPG TXTLX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPG TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPG TXT
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:30
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPI TXELX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPI TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPI TXE
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:32
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPW TXELX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPW TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPW TXE
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:47
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPD TXELX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPD TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPD TXE
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:49
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing started
VMFREP2507I HCPRPG TXELX270 created on your E-disk from part HCPRPG TEXT
A for use in a VMSES/E environment
VMFREP2509I The version vector table 5VMCPR20 VVTLCL E will be updated
for the part HCPRPG TXE
VMFREP2760I VMFREPL processing completed successfully
10:07:51

Any and all assistance is appreciated.  I am not a VMSES expert.
Jim Hughes
603-271-5586
"Impossible is just an opinion."
"Your career is what you're paid for, your calling is what you're made
for."
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we
created them. Albert Einstein "