On 7/13/06, Bill Bitner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

While MDC is a write-through cache, it does not automatically
insert writes into the cache if the disk location being

I have done some experiments with Linux that seem to work differently.
I flushed the cache and then had Linux sequentially write a new file
(bigger than the virtual machine) and sequentially read it back. This
worst case rules out Linux page cache. With MDC enabled this resulted
in only writes and no reads to the real device, so all reading was
satisified from MDC. So data did get inserted upone write even though
it was not in MDC before.

I believe it is a bug that it does not work like that for all I/O. I
have tried hard to make noise about this, but have not gotten beyond
the "it may indeed be a bug" phase.

Rob
--
Rob van der Heij