Oh yea..  thx for reminding me..

-----Original Message-----
From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Dave Wade
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 4:54 PM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: Re: Any resale value for an MP2003, 3174, 7171

--- Scott Ray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is a 7171?

Its a box that is genned to the host as a channel
attached 3274, but which has multiple RS232 ports for
ASCII terminals. Much beloved by universities as in
conjuction with a terminal switch such as a PACX it
allowed terminals to be swicthed between an ASCII
machine such as VAX or PDP-11 and an IBM mainframe.

It was as far as I rememember one of the first boxes
to work with an IBM PC. If you connect a PC to port-1
you can download the terminal translation tables, edit
them and upload them back.