On Wednesday, 07/19/2006 at 11:32 ZE2, Shimon Lebowitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > I've never run into a case where order of starting the LINKs
> > gave problems.  BTW, the first TCp/IP was at Z/VM 4.4 level and
> > the second was as Z/VM 5.2 level.  (It took me a while to notice
> > the syntax in the 5.2 Gateway statement had changed.)

The Gateway statement syntax only changed if you wanted to change it.  It
tolerates the old-style syntax just as well (though it does issue a
message).

> I will leave the TCPIP problems to others more knowledgeable.

That's an issue for the Support Center.  There is no requirement to start
links in any particular order.

> > Is there a command to stop a DEVICE so you can reissue a START again
> > without restarting TCP/IP?  Z/OS TCP/IP has a VARY command for this
> > sort of thing.
>
> Yup. the 2 commands you want are.... STOP and START.
> You use an OBEYFILE to run them.

How quaint.  :-)  Try NETSTAT OBEY STOP <devname> and NETSTAT OBEY START
<devname>.