Hi Cecelia,

You code the DIAL rule on the userid you want to secure. In general, the
DIAL rule is designed to limit the terminals that can dial. If your
users are using something like TN3270 that randomizes the physical
address that they use on the system, it won't work that way.

There is a password option on the rule, so that you can specify a
password that the user will have to enter to complete the DIAL.

For example:

ACCEPT * DAIL (PSWD TOPSECRT

Would allow all users to DIAL, as long as they know the TOPSECRT
password.

ACCEPT 10.199.103.11 DAIL (IPADDR

Would permit only the person at IP address 10.199.103.11 to dial in.
They would not be prompted for a password.

You could even combine them:

ACCEPT 10.199.64.19 DIAL (IPADDR PSWD ULTRASCR

There are more options, see the VM:Secure Rules Facility Guide for
details.