On 24 Jul 2006 at 10:35, Edward M. Martin wrote:

> Hello Shimon,
>
>       We are using VSE/VSAM of VM for a product called UltraQuest.
> This uses NOMAD, a 4gl, to read hospital files, create reports, direct
> them
> back to the Users PC.   So CA/WEBGATEWAY, and TCP/IP for VM, CGI's, and
> VSE/VSAM of VM, to look at file on VSE/ESA systems.
>
>       I do know of other hospitals that are using this same product.

To which Alan appended:

> Shimon didn't have a question, Ed.  He was commenting on Mary Zervos' wish
> to install VSAM on VM at this late date since VSE/VSAM will no longer be
> supported as of February of next year.

So we have HOSPITALS using VM/VSAM in production?
And police. And who knows who all else...

But because VSAM has *no bugs* (in recent years,
according to the product owner, as written in the email
shown here recently), so IBM wants us all do DROP
the product, and move our processing to other platforms.

Sheesh.

I just don't get it.
Shimon