On Wednesday, 08/02/2006 at 01:10 MST, Don Russell
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Steve Gentry wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> > We use a Programmable Operator to run certain functions.   We send a
> > "command" to the PropOp using
> > the MSG command.  Is there a maximum length the sent MSG can be?  If
> > so, can it be changed somewhere?
> > We're having a problem getting some things to work that used to work
> > on VM 4.3 (and I thought was working
> > on 5.2).  We're running VM 5.2 on a z9 box.
> > Thanks,
> > Steve G.
> From help cp msg...
>
> 1.   If a message is issued from a CMS environment, the command and the
> message text cannot be longer than 240 characters.

But if it used to work on 4.3, then it should continue to work in 5.2. And
to answer Steve's question, no, you can't change the 240-character limit
on CMS commands.  Better is to use e.g. diag(8,'MSG ....') to bypass CMS
command processing if possible.