Tom, I seem to recall having this same problem when we had a 7060 (M3K) box here. i always did what you do, just rewind the tape and re-ipl ICKDSF again, when it would then work.

I never attempted to get this fixed by IBM, but I think there was a problem someplace in the OS/2 support element code. You might want to check that all of the OS/2 side of the 7060 has all current maintenance installed.

DJ

Tom Cluster wrote:
I'm posting this on vse-l also.

I have a tape with IPLable ICKDSF (r16) and DDR (from z/VM 4.2), in that sequence. When I IPL the tape on a 7060, using TN3270 session B on the OS/2 support element, I'm unable to get a response. No matter what attention key I press I get an X-System indication. (The support element is green because ICKDSF has IPLed okay. It's just that I'm unable to give it the interrupt it wants to find the console.)

But then if I ipl the tape again, I have no trouble getting DDR.

And then, if I rewind the tape, and IPL ICKDSF, I get the "Press clear when ready" prompt in the lower right-hand corner, and when I press CLEAR ICKDSF is up and running.

So why can't I get ICKDSF to work when it's the first guy who's IPL'ed?

     - Tom.

Tom Cluster
County of Sonoma
Santa Rosa, CA
(707) 565-3384 (Tuesdays and Wednesdays only)