Ooooo. that's gonna be a pretty pricey  USB thumb drive.  Our z/OS guys
FTP to IBM their S/A z/OS dumps which terse down to about 40G (from
100,000 cylinders on 3390 DASD).  Do they even make 40G thumb drives?  Do
you want to send one to IBM?  :-)

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
08/08/2006 02:19 PM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Stand Alone Dump to Disk

Good idea. Or maybe, since most S/A dumps are sent to IBM, you could
attach an USB hard drive to one of the z9's Service Elements (laptops)
and dump to it. Then just send the USB drive to IBM.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected
from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please
immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message,
including any attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of
the contents of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.