I've had this happen  when I first installed 5.2
Jim Vincent posted the ptf info a while back.  See below.

See APAR VM64029 - PTF was just made available 7/6.   In summary, there is
a bug in SPXTAPE processing.

Steve G.

"Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

08/09/2006 10:33 AM
Please respond to The IBM z/VM Operating System