> >I'm not sure that you're aren't describing a bug somewhere, but is it
> >technical problem that you say can be reasonably avoided by orderly
> >shutdown.  So I'd say: write up an RSCS requirement to support signal
> >shutdown.
>
> It may be a bug, but it's a persistent bug.  We've had the "problem"
> for years.  Therapy helped, as did banging our heads on the concrete
wall
> outside.  We finally settled on Netview automation on the MVS side to
> look for the problem, drain and restart the link.  A lot less blood on
the
> floor.

Might be related to which side of the connection wants to be master. JES
tends to want to be the controlling side, and it may take a few restarts
to ensure that the VM side becomes properly submissive during the
initial link setup negotiation. JES3 *must* be the master (it won't
negotiate), so you get this a lot there, but JES2 doesn't like being
slave, and will try *really hard* not to end up in that role.