On Friday, 08/18/2006 at 07:30 AST, Lloyd Fuller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> We had P390s, not MP3000, but they wouldn't negotiate at all.  We tried
three
> different manufacturers' switches and
> ended up using an old 3COM 10MB switch just for the P390s.

Even though it is the 21st century and all, my recommendation for network
adapters is to turn off autonegotiation.  The mechansisms for detecting
line speeds are better for 1960's-era phone lines than for LAN adapters.
In fact, you can eyeball the speed of an approaching car more accurately
than many autospeed detection algorithms can figure out 10/100/1000Mbps.