Hello Marcy,

        I am on a z890 but the FC 2365 and FC 1364/1365 are all Gigabit
Ethernet.  The 2365 has the Multimode SC Duplex connectors and the
the 1364/1365 are LC Duplex Connectors.  (And you can get converters for
both either way).

        But the (per the manual) the 2365 are not orderable new but may
be
carried forward from a z800 upgrade.

        In other words,  yes it should be VSWITCH capable if you have it
but you can not order the 2365 new.

        Hey it must be one of those IBM Marketing rules.

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ext. 40441

On
> Behalf Of Marcy Cortes
> Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:21 PM
> To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
> Subject: OSA feature codes
>
> Want to run VSWITCH, layer 3 stuff.
>
> HW guy says he can only give me a z9-109 OSAs w/feature code 1365, not
> 2365.  Is that thing VSWITCH capable?  This is z/VM 5.2, of course!
We
> don't speak the same language obviously!
>

> Marcy Cortes
> WFS Enterprise Hosting Services - z/VM & z/Linux
> (415) 243-6343
>
> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If