Hello Tom,

        The link number is the MPTS cards position.   You can verify
which card you are using by looking at the mac address when the card
becomes active.

        I have noticed that it is not the cuu that makes the difference,
so
much, as the Adapter number.

VTAM XCA

ETHA14   PORT  ADAPNO=2,          THIRD ETHERNET CARD-ADAPTER 02       X

               CUADDR=A14,                                             X

               CAPACITY=10M,                                           X

               TIMER=255,         (WAS 120)                            X

               PDELAY=NEGLIGIB,                                        X

               MEDIUM=CSMACD,     ETHERNET IS CSMACD                   X

               SAPADDR=04         SYSTEM ACCESS POINT

*        Define the Communication Links    *
*                                          *
*------------------------------------------*
DEFINE LINK,ID=LINKA20,TYPE=OSA,DEV=A20,MTU=1492,STOPLAN=NO
DEFINE ADAPTER,LINKID=LINKA20,NUMBER=0,TYPE=ETHERNET
*                                          *
*        Define the Communication Links    *
*                                          *
*------------------------------------------*
DEFINE LINK,ID=LINK982,TYPE=3172,DEV=982,MTU=1492,STOPLAN=NO
DEFINE ADAPTER,LINKID=LINK982,NUMBER=1,TYPE=ETHERNET
*------------------------------------------*

Ed Martin
Aultman Health Foundation
330-588-4723