Tom Cluster wrote:
Regarding FTPSERVE. It is in the directory, otherwise you wouldn't see it logging on and then logging off. You need to look at the messages it puts out when it runs. I believe by default its console goes to TCPMAINT, but you could always just log it on directly (rather than xautologging it) and watch what happens. Are you sure that TCPIP is up and running?

   TCP/IP is running and I am telneting. I do see there is a problem
   with FTPSERVE.
   08:58:19 DTCFTS0371I Default list format is VM
   08:58:22 DTCFTS0373I Default automatic translation is turned OFF
   08:58:22 DTCFTS7003I Diagnose 88 authorization and Class B privilege
   confirmed

       08:58:22 DTCFTS4014E 08:58:19 2006-09-15: The requested local
       port is not available

   08:58:22 DTCRUN1015I Server ended with RC=24 at 08:58:19 on 15 Sep
   2006 (Friday)
   08:58:22 DTCRUN1019I Server will not be logged off because you are
   connected
   08:58:22 Ready; T=0.03/0.04 08:58:22

I figured out that FTP was not enabled (i.e un-commented) in PROFILE TCPIP. Fixed, cycled TCPIP and it is now working.

Thanks for the suggestion.

    - Tom.