I found the instructions for activiating and configuring DIRMAINT in "Getting Started with Linux on System z9 and zSeries". I have DIRMAINT working now. This time I am not defining any regions and there will be no automatic allocation. Hopefully DATAMOVE will not upset my apple cart.

Thanks all for chipping in. I'm sorry I jumped the gun!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        z/vm 5.2 - new install - DIRMAINT not in CP directory
Date:   Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:38:53 -0700
From:   Ranga Nathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     vm <ibmvm@listserv.uark.edu>

Just installed z/VM 5.2 in our test lpar. When I try to bring up DIRMAINT, I get this message:
HCPLGA053E DIRMAINT not in CP directory

Looks like I have to create a directory using DIRECTXA.

Is this a recommended approach? Is there a way to import an existing directory in another system, which in my case is my existing test system running z/vm 5.1?

Also I am not able to bring up the ftp server. Xautolog seems to have done it but looks like ftpserve logs off immediately.
xautolog ftpserve
Command accepted
Ready; T=0.01/0.01 18:37:45
AUTO LOGON  ***       FTPSERVE USERS = 12
HCPCLS6056I XAUTOLOG information for FTPSERVE: The IPL command is verified by th
e IPL command processor.
USER DSC   LOGOFF AS  FTPSERVE USERS = 11

Perhaps FTPSERVE is not in the directory? My memory is rusty on what I did last time when we installed z/VM 5.1.

--
Ranga Nathan

--
Ranga Nathan