Last I knew... no can do unless the user's data was in a specific backup
job (in which case you can expire that job prematurely).

We had a similar legal requirement in which we were required to remove
data.  The best we could do was to develop and write a new VM:Backup exit
which prevented restore of specific userid and minidisk (fortunately did
not have to deal with SFS spaces) backed up on specific dates.  I *think*
that I opened a DAR with CA for a supported capability to do this, or
remove such backups from an existing catalog and tapes (a much bigger
job).

I can share the new exit if you want it.

Mike Walter
Hewitt Associates
Any opinions expressed herein are mine alone and do not necessarily
represent the opinions or policies of Hewitt Associates.

"Schuh, Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: "The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>
09/22/2006 10:54 AM
Please respond to
"The IBM z/VM Operating System" <IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU>

IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
cc

Subject
Uncatalog Files in VM:Backup

Does anyone know how to remove a specific user's data from the VM:Backup
catalogs? Commands are preferred over brute force, but I have not found
such a command - that or I didn't recognize it when I saw it.

Regards,
Richard Schuh

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents may
contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments. Any
dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents of this message by
anyone other than the intended recipient
is strictly prohibited.