Hey Scully,
   There may be a lot of confusion, but there's only one correct answer: "It
depends."  :-)  Seriously, the SHARE value in the directory (or set by
command) is a function of the virtual machine, not the virtual processor.  A
four way with a SHARE of Relative 100 gets a relative 25 assigned to each
vCPU.  Thus, adding vCPUs without increasing the SHARE value will only
dilute the  "processing power" of the user.

   Any benefit of adding vCPUs -- as opposed to just increasing SHARE value
-- occurs only if your existing vCPU is max'ing out a real CPU.

   Of course, adding vCPUs and increasing SHARE will only be effective if
the user can actually take advantage of more than one processor
simultaneously (i.e., not CMS).

                                        Marty
Martin Zimelis
Principal