While the host is running I copied the host VM5.2's single SPOOL pack to
the single spool pack of my guest VM5.2 system, wanting to give the
guest a copy of the host's NSS's and other System Data Files (SDF).
When I IPL-ed the guest it reported no spool files; it had no NSS's.

I did the copy 3 times, IPL-ing after each copy, and got the same result
each time: VM comes up and says no spool files; CP Q NSS reported NO
NSS's each time.

I used CP FLASHCOPY to do a fullpack copy the first 2 times and DDR to
do the fullpack copy the third time.

>From past experience I expect to be able to copy the system's single
spool pack and get the SDF's and lose some STD open spool files (RDR,
PRT, PUNCH) that don't matter to me.

Can anyone explain why the copied spool pack doesn't have usable SDF's
on it?  I've verified my source and destination addresses and volids,
etc.

I eventually gave up and moved the spool files using  SPXTAPE.
This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.