On Tuesday, 09/26/2006 at 04:21 AST, Ray Mansell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ken,
>
> Can you tell us the level of CP where this happens, and the associated
> condition code?  I've just spent an hour or so poring over the 5.2
source code
> for diag A8, and I can't see any way return code 3 can happen.
>
> Ray Mansell
>
> Ken Vance wrote:
>> We are using DIAG A8, and we are getting a RC of 3.  This does not
appear to be
>> documented.  We can see a condition code of 3, but not the R15 RC of 3.

Is the R15 RC 3 confirmed by inspection of the register contents via CP
TRACE?  Interesting that '3' is the low-order digit of the '13' that R15
is supposed to have for CC=3 on diag A8.  I.e. could this be a problem
with displaying the return code?

If it is really DIAG A8 R15=3, then it is time to open a PMR.