> I hardly think that in the 64-bit world some new CP "thingie"
> was designed to be restricted to the 31-bit world.  CP was
> designed when all that existed was 31-bit addressing.  Claiming
> that design is now broken 'cause it hasn't been changed fast
> enough to be 64-bit everywhere is just not reasonable. IMO.
>
> Richard Corak

I agree wholeheartedly - if too much gets changed too quickly
it could possibly cause some big-time instabilities due to the
vastness of all the changes.  It's better to take things one
smaller step at a time and be safer than sorry.  It's a lot
easier to debug smaller changes anyway :-)

Paul Adrian Jr.